Monday, August 13, 2012


Evening Comes







Psalms 103:1-5 (Good News Translation)
Praise the Lord, my soul!  All my being, praise his holy name 2 Praise the Lord, my soul, and do not forget how kind he is. 3 He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. 4 He keeps me from the grave and blesses me with love and mercy.5 He fills my life[b] with good things, so that I stay young and strong like an eagle.

Oh it has been so long since I have written here and I could give lots of reasons as to why, but I won’t.  I just haven’t for various reasons and at the end of the day they are just excuses if I was being honest.  This summer has been hard!  Being separated is not fun and is super scary.  Mable’s autism is a lot to handle some days and the unknown for her life is super scary.  My niece having a rare brain cancer with 50% chance of survival and seeing the affect it has on my sister, her husband, and their boys is horrible and super scary!  Various other close family & friends struggling with health issues, financial issues and life’s hard times is hard to understand and super scary.  Some days I would like nothing more than to just climb in bed, not encourage others, lend an ear or anything else.  Basically just hide from the world and all the troubles that unfold each day.  If I was being honest some days I do hide, not in bed because having children prevents that from happening, and try to escape my troubles in life.  I have had pity parties for myself and jumped on the band wagon of “I don’t want to” thinking.  However, at the end of the day this is what I remember,

2 Corinthians:3-4 (Good News Translation)
3 Let us give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the merciful Father, the God from whom all help comes!4 He helps us in all our troubles, so that we are able to help others who have all kinds of troubles, using the same help that we ourselves have received from God.

How can my faith grow if I only have blessings?  How can I be relatable and help others if I have no troubles and sorrows of my own?  How can I show God’s love for me if I am “hiding” from the world? The answer I come to is I can’t be all that God created me to be when I am focused on myself and all the issues that happen in my life.  

Luke 11:33-36 (Good News Translation)
33 No one lights a lamp and then hides it or puts it under a bowl;[a] instead, it is put on the lampstand, so that people may see the light as they come in.34 Your eyes are like a lamp for the body. When your eyes are sound, your whole body is full of light; but when your eyes are no good, your whole body will be in darkness.35 Make certain, then, that the light in you is not darkness.36 If your whole body is full of light, with no part of it in darkness, it will be bright all over, as when a lamp shines on you with its brightness.

At the end of the day, I have so much to be grateful for and today is no different!  Today, our precious Phoebe’s MRI came back clear (no tumors) and she continues the fight against AT/RT.  Both of my amazing girls speak and know God’s truth, want to serve, and love being plugged into their church youth group.  God continues to open doors for me to teach them, encourage them, and raise them in His truth on their level of understanding.  I am surrounded by extremely loving, encouraging, and supportive family and friends.  But most of all, God is NEVER out of reach or too busy for me and my troubles.  He is just waiting on me, which is pretty awesome!

So I leave on this note because I am singing when the evening comes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment