One Day at a Time
Matthew 6:34 (The Message)
34"Give your entire attention to what God is
doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen
tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the
time comes.
I love Tuesdays!
Tuesday is the days I meet with our family Pastor, my Godly tutor, as I
like to call him. These times are
precious to me and I am grateful for every moment. Yesterday in our time together we discussed
my previous post about fear and how I got to the point I got to. Let me just say, I got ahead of myself! I worried about future events which put me in
“self” focus mode and not in “God” focus mode.
What I learned was when I am focusing on myself it creates static on the
line and I can’t hear God quite as clearly.
It reaffirmed my previous post about God didn’t change, He was still
there and I was the one who changed the connection. During our conversation my pastor spoke truth
as in God’s truth which can be backed up in scripture. That is how you know it is truth, it can be
found in the Bible and if it can’t then it is not truth, period! While he was talking to me all I could think
about was how Jesus spent his time before he actually was hung on the cross.
Mark 15:16-20 (Good News Translation)
16 The soldiers took Jesus inside to the
courtyard of the governor's palace and called together the rest of the company.17 They put a purple robe on Jesus, made a crown out of
thorny branches, and put it on his head.18 Then they
began to salute him: Long live the King of the Jews!19
They beat him over the head with a stick, spat on him, fell on their knees, and
bowed down to him.20 When they had finished making
fun of him, they took off the purple robe and put his own clothes back on him.
Then they led him out to crucify him.
I thought wow, how can I be in a “poor me” state knowing how
Jesus spent His last days on Earth.
Jesus led a perfect life! He knew
how his final days were going to end.
Matthew 26:39 (NIV)
39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face
to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken
from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
There are so many days I find myself praying for God to
please take this burden from me. It is
hard to pray the very important last part of the prayer, not my will, but
YOUR WILL be done. It is so hard to stay God focused when storms
pop up in my life. It is hard to trust God
with the things I do not understand. It
is hard to trust God when I feel like I can fix the problem myself. I have realized I can live in today and in
each moment when it comes to my daughter Mable.
She is autistic, she is considered a flight risk because she flees at
any given moment, she likes to eat and drink things that are dangerous, and she
is extremely impulsive. She seems to get
the weird medical things and our Pediatrician jokes about us living under some
strange star. There have been times in
my life where I have thought, “wow can we just go to the doctor and hear you
child has the flu or strep?” Why does
just about everything she seems to get have to be researched and talked about
with a team of other doctors? Here is
just one example; Mable battled hives for about 1.5 years. I mean head to toe covered in itchy red spots
not one clear patch of skin on her body; it was horrible to watch her suffer. When she had a hives outbreak her hands,
feet, sometimes legs, and lips turned blue.
Yes, I said blue! I will never
forget the day I asked our doctor,” how blue does she need to be before I take
her to the ER?” Thankfully, hives went
away as mysteriously as they appeared.
The blueness however stuck around.
She was a tad blue just today *sigh*
I say all of this to point out I realized many years ago that Mable’s
issues were way too big for me to fix, worry about, or deal with. I have to take each day as it comes, each
moment as it comes, and deal with the day as it unfolds. Anything else will drive me insane. It is not hard to trust God to handle Mable’s
issues and give me the grace to survive them.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NIV)
8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not
crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9
persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
Right now I feel very pressed on every side! I am holding on to God’s promise I will not
be destroyed and I am learning to take each day as it unfolds in all areas of
my life and not just in how I care for Mable.
It is hard to wait on God and it is hard to be patient.
Psalm 27:14 (NIV)
Wait for the
Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. (NIV)
It is a
daily choice I make even though it is hard and some days it seems
impossible to wait and trust God. I make the choice because I believe God loves me and only wants the best for me. I believe His promises and He already gave
the ultimate gift for me, Jesus. A gift
I do not deserve or have earned,nor will I ever. It is a
gift I accept and I am very grateful for!
Anything else is extra at this point, the tissue paper, bow or wrapping
;)
Isaiah 40:28-31(NIV)
28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The
LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not
grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives
strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths
grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but
those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they
will walk and not be faint.
I am so
grateful for God’s love and willingness to renew my strength. I am grateful I have a family that speaks
truth to me even when I don’t want to hear it.
I am grateful our family pastor is willing to grow my faith and help me learn
how to be the woman God created me to be.
I am grateful that even though I feel weak and the past couple of weeks
have been very hard, I am not crushed. I have
hope in God, I have peace from God, I have grace from God, and I have mercy
from God. Most of all I am grateful I
have acceptance and love from God.
Knowing I don’t have to be perfect is a pretty freeing place to be right
now. I love that God knows my heart and
my true desires to be only pleasing to Him and what He calls me to do. I love that He already knows I will make
mistakes while learning how to hear Him and it is a lifelong process to become a mature Christ Follower. I am grateful for His promises to work all things for
His good. Not my good, HIS GOOD!
Romans
8:25-30(Good News Translation)
25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with
patience.26 In the same way the Spirit also comes to help us, weak
as we are. For we do not know how we ought to pray; the Spirit himself pleads
with God for us in groans that words cannot express.27 And God, who
sees into our hearts, knows what the thought of the Spirit is; because the
Spirit pleads with God on behalf of his people and in accordance with his will.
28 We know that in all things God works for good with those who love
him,[a] those whom he has called according to his
purpose.29 Those whom God had already chosen he also set apart to
become like his Son, so that the Son would be the first among many believers.30
And so those whom God set apart, he called; and those he called, he put right
with himself, and he shared his glory with them.
I am grateful
I can ALWAYS find God, call out to Him, and He is there ready and waiting to
listen.
This is the
song I have clung to this week
Kari Jobe:
Find you on my knees
No comments:
Post a Comment