Wednesday, February 11, 2015



Flower Delivery




Today as I was driving home from work I noticed the car in front of me had several flower arrangements in the back.  It was obvious this person was a flower delivery person and I couldn’t help but to smile and think about what an awesome job that must be!  Now I would like to say before I go on that I LOVE FLOWERS, for me the perfect gift would be to receive a different flower every day for one whole year…*sigh*  Anyways, back to my point, it does not matter the occasion in general people love to receive flowers.  Flowers bring a smile to whoever is receiving them, they provide comfort during sad times, they give hope, love and beauty.  Flowers are fun to send and receive; they are pretty much perfect for every occasion.  So while I was lost in my complete flower bliss thought, I felt God was showing me Jesus is the flower and we are the delivery people.  Talk about stopping me in my tracks….WHAT???  So the more I thought about it, the more I realized wow, that is so true.  No matter the occasion, Jesus is the answer; He is the perfect gift for every heart and just as you receive the flowers, we MUST receive Jesus!


Romans 8:1-11 (Good News Translation)

There is no condemnation now for those who live in union with Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit, which brings us life in union with Christ Jesus, has set me[a] free from the law of sin and death. What the Law could not do, because human nature was weak, God did. He condemned sin in human nature by sending his own Son, who came with a nature like our sinful nature, to do away with sin. God did this so that the righteous demands of the Law might be fully satisfied in us who live according to the Spirit, and not according to human nature. Those who live as their human nature tells them to, have their minds controlled by what human nature wants. Those who live as the Spirit tells them to, have their minds controlled by what the Spirit wants. To be controlled by human nature results in death; to be controlled by the Spirit results in life and peace. And so people become enemies of God when they are controlled by their human nature; for they do not obey God's law, and in fact they cannot obey it. Those who obey their human nature cannot please God.  9 But you do not live as your human nature tells you to; instead, you live as the Spirit tells you to—if, in fact, God's Spirit lives in you. Whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ lives in you, the Spirit is life for you[b] because you have been put right with God, even though your bodies are going to die because of sin. 11 If the Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from death, lives in you, then he who raised Christ from death will also give life to your mortal bodies by the presence of his Spirit in you.


I think because I love to give, being a flower delivery person would just be super fun!  Giving to others truly brings a smile to my face, fills my heart with joy and can turn a “poor me” day into a “grateful” day.  When I am giving, I am being selfless because giving requires me to think about someone else’s needs.  It truly is what helps me through the rough seasons in life.  In that same thought process, I have to realize I already am a flower delivery person!  Meaning, as someone who believes Jesus is the answer to ALL of life’s problems, I must deliver that news to as many people as I can.

Matthew 28:18-20 (Good News Translation)
18 Jesus drew near and said to them, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, 20 and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And I will be with you always, to the end of the age.”


The biggest thing I realized today in my flower bliss state of mind is that sometimes flowers are enough, meaning they don’t say anything; they are just there as a reminder of someone’s love for you.  I think a lot of times I get wrapped up in talking about Jesus to others, which is great, but sometimes all that person really needs is just for me to remind them of His love for them.  That maybe a hug, a smile, a meal, a kind word, an ear that listens or a simple I love you. It isn’t my job to convince people they need Jesus, it’s my job to allow God to use me to SHOW people they need Jesus.  We all know the saying, “actions speak louder than words”.

Matthew 5:14 (Good News Translation)
14 “You are like light for the whole world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid. 15 No one lights a lamp and puts it under a bowl; instead it is put on the lampstand, where it gives light for everyone in the house. 16 In the same way your light must shine before people, so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven.

Casting Crowns – If we are the Body
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAWeHo8E70E


No comments:

Post a Comment