Sunday, January 29, 2012


Eternity

I would like to start off by saying there is only one way to our Heavenly Father and that is through His son Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 (NIV)
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You have to ask Jesus into your heart, 

Romans 10:9-10 (Good News Translation)
9 If you confess that Jesus is Lord and believe that God raised him from death, you will be saved.10 For it is by our faith that we are put right with God; it is by our confession that we are saved.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
3 I passed on to you what I received, which is of the greatest importance: that Christ died for our sins, as written in the Scriptures;4 that he was buried and that he was raised to life three days later, as written in the Scriptures

There is no amount of work you can do, you can’t be nice enough, loving enough, forgiving enough, or good enough.  There is NOTHING you can do to have an eternal life by yourself.  The ONLY way for an eternal life is through Jesus.

John 3:15-17 (Good News Translation)
15 so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life.17 For God did not send his Son into the world to be its judge, but to be its savior.

Without our Savior we are not truly FREE! Only He can give us the peace we truly crave.

Galatians 5:1 (NIV)
1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

As I move forward and discuss my thoughts, know this is the basic understanding I operate from.  I share my thoughts as I learn more about God and hope others are blessed and encouraged during this journey.  I am a baby Christian who wants to have a deep and intimate relationship with my Heavenly Father.

In my desire to no longer be a “sketchy” Christian I have rearranged my day to include time with God.   For how can I know Him if I don’t spend time with Him, but where do you start when God is so big, The Bible seems so foreign, and even the most basic of common biblical terms confuse you?  The beginning of course :)  So grab a cup of coffee and join me in my journey…

No comments:

Post a Comment