Wednesday, February 1, 2012


Interceding

Romans 8:27 (NIV)
27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

Romans 8:27 (Good News Translation)
27 And God, who sees into our hearts, knows what the thought of the Spirit is; because the Spirit pleads with God on behalf of his people and in accordance with his will.

Romans 8:26-28 (The Message)
26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

I have three different versions of Romans 8:27 because I couldn’t decide which one was the easiest to understand.  So you get all three tonight and hopefully one of them will speak to you :)

Have you ever been frustrated because you can’t communicate your heart and how you feel to someone?  I find myself having a hard time expressing myself these days because I am a hot mess and apparently have no clue what the true definition of words happen to be.  I use words and phrases of what I think they mean only to have the person on the other end think something WAY different than what I am trying to say.  It can be downright frustrating and most of the time I end up in tears.  Side note for those of you who may be reading this and don’t actually know me, I am a huge cry baby!  I cry when I am happy, sad, thankful, grateful, joyful…you name it and I cry about it *sigh*  Anyways, I get so mad at myself for not being able to express how my heart feels and I can easily go into “beat myself up” mode.  Today as I was praying I realized how thankful I am that God knows my heart.  He knows EXACTLY what I am trying to say and I don’t have to have all the right words to say it because the Hold Spirit is interceding on my behalf.

Psalm 139:1-6 (Good News Translation)
Lord, you have examined me and you know me.    2 You know everything I do; from far away you understand all my thoughts.  3 You see me, whether I am working or resting; you know all my actions.
 4 Even before I speak, you already know what I will say.  5 You are all around me on every side; you protect me with your power. 6 Your knowledge of me is too deep; it is beyond my understanding.

I am grateful to know that I have been washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit and that I have a new life.  It is so wonderful to know and feel I am no longer in charge of me because if I was being honest I sure have not been doing a very good job!  I have fired myself for POOR productivity and not following the operations manual ;)  I have never been so relieved to be fired in my life!  It truly is an AMAZING place to be daily.

Titus 3:3-8 (The Message)
3-8It wasn't so long ago that we ourselves were stupid and stubborn, dupes of sin, ordered every which way by our glands, going around with a chip on our shoulder, hated and hating back. But when God, our kind and loving Savior God, stepped in, he saved us from all that. It was all his doing; we had nothing to do with it. He gave us a good bath, and we came out of it new people, washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit. Our Savior Jesus poured out new life so generously. God's gift has restored our relationship with him and given us back our lives. And there's more life to come—an eternity of life! You can count on this.

So tonight I end my thoughts as a blessed girl who is LOVED so much by her Heavenly Father that he sent His only son for me so that I may have a relationship with Him.  AND that I don’t have to be a walking dictionary to talk to Him ;)  I can just be me, one hot mess!

John 3:16 (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

3 comments:

  1. I love your way of stating that you want God to take over..."you have fired yourself for poor productivity and not following the owner's manual". That's a great way to look at life...and remembering to not re-hire myself is a good reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying your blog and your admission of being one hot mess....I hear the peace and I am truly glad of that for you and that all of us can have that same peace. Thanks for sharing. Are you doing a study, am wondering how you came to the scriptures you are sharing....Bless you Jenni!!!

    ReplyDelete